How can a false name be removed from a trust? The man who used the name is dead. There was no legal basis for using this alias

Grangeville, ID |

Persons created a trust in order to buy a piece of property. Three names were on the trust. Two were the legal names of two of the purchasers. The third was an individual who used a false name. There was no legal basis for this alias. That person has now died. The two persons who signed the papers legally would like to remove the false name from the trust as they now would like to sell the piece of property. How can this be done?

1. Very weird facts. You are going to need to consult with an attorney on this, provide ALL of the facts and find out what can be done.

James Frederick

*** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state.

2. This sounds like a unique situation. You need to consult with a local attorney to explore the specific facts in detail, including the trust.

When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel.

Trusts topics