How can a creditor have a judgment entered against me?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Jose, CA

I responded to the summons and complaint in a timely manner. I also showed up to court for my scheduled trial. A settlement was not reached because I am not working and do not have the funds available.

1. David M Blain

3

Answered . Your question is a bit confusing because it seems to be missing critical facts. For example, what happened at the scheduled trial?

If the trial proceeded forwarded as scheduled and you lost, then the Judge will enter an order for the creditor and against you.

If you are mistaken that you timely answered then perhaps a default judgment was entered against you and in favor of the creditor. If this is the case, and it's not too late, you can move to have the default set aside.

2. James Michael Slominski

1

Answered . While I cannot give you legal advice in this forum, it appears as though there was a trial and you lost. The fact that you are not working and do not have funds does not prevent a creditor from getting a judgment against you for what you owe.

3. Kevin Samuel Sullivan

Pro

1

Answered . I do not understand your question.