How can a creditor have a judgment entered against me?

San Jose, CA |

I responded to the summons and complaint in a timely manner. I also showed up to court for my scheduled trial. A settlement was not reached because I am not working and do not have the funds available.

Your question is a bit confusing because it seems to be missing critical facts. For example, what happened at the scheduled trial?

If the trial proceeded forwarded as scheduled and you lost, then the Judge will enter an order for the creditor and against you.

If you are mistaken that you timely answered then perhaps a default judgment was entered against you and in favor of the creditor. If this is the case, and it's not too late, you can move to have the default set aside.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and I. I am not your lawyer and I am not representing you in the underlying issue stated in your question. The response I have offered is not intended to be relied upon, you should seek out an attorney to assist in this matter.

While I cannot give you legal advice in this forum, it appears as though there was a trial and you lost. The fact that you are not working and do not have funds does not prevent a creditor from getting a judgment against you for what you owe.

THIS RESPONSE IS INTENDED TO CONVEY GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY. IT SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON OR TAKEN AS LEGAL ADVICE. FURTHER, THIS RESPONSE IS NOT INTENDED TO AND DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

I do not understand your question.