How can a British National, living in Australia become a US Citizen

Albuquerque, NM |

I have a friend, who is retired, and is currently living in Australia, but she is a Citizen of the UK. She wants to come to the US, and retire here. What is the best course of action for her to take, to obtain a green card, citizenship or a permanent visa to the US?

What options if any, that person has, in unknown, as there are not enough facts in the posting.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

What information is not provided. She is retired, she is self sustained, she just wants to move to the US, with her friends, and retire here. I was looking into the Green Card Lottery, but it is not for UK Citizens, which she is. She has her UK Citizenship, but is a resident of Australia. She has no criminal history, and is an upstanding individual.

This answer is the standard form of most lawyers. It makes this web useless.

there are two predominant routes to a green card, that is, permanent resident status, through close family or through employment. You and your friend should visit the USCIS web site to gain more information. There are also American Immigration Lawyers Association members in Australia who could talk to her about immigrating. See the links below.

Investment of 500k to 1,ooo,ooo is the best way.

Your answer is what normally the readers expect for. Most of your colleages will answer " not enough info. You need a lawyer .........." . This kind of answer make this web useless. Thank you Mr. Robert Web

Robert West

Robert West

Sir, my answer was an investment visa, where does that say not enough info. If you are gong to not be happy with an answer from a volunteer, please have the courtesy to read the answer.

Sir, What I mean is I got a very good answer from you. But most other lawyer will answer in different style which make this web useless.

And very sorry to spell your name wrongly.

Robert West

Robert West

Thank you sir.