How can a British National, living in Australia become a US Citizen

I have a friend, who is retired, and is currently living in Australia, but she is a Citizen of the UK. She wants to come to the US, and retire here. What is the best course of action for her to take, to obtain a green card, citizenship or a permanent visa to the US?

Albuquerque, NM -

Find Out More

Attorney Answers (3)

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

What options if any, that person has, in unknown, as there are not enough facts in the posting.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
Robert West

Robert West

Immigration Attorney - Las Vegas, NV

Investment of 500k to 1,ooo,ooo is the best way.

David Eli Larson

David Eli Larson

Immigration Attorney - Dayton, OH

there are two predominant routes to a green card, that is, permanent resident status, through close family or through employment. You and your friend should visit the USCIS web site to gain more information. There are also American Immigration Lawyers Association members in Australia who could talk to her about immigrating. See the links below.

Related Topics

US citizenship

In order to become US citizens and enjoy the benefits that citizenship grants, immigrants must go through the naturalization process.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.