How can a British National, living in Australia become a US Citizen

Asked over 2 years ago - Albuquerque, NM

I have a friend, who is retired, and is currently living in Australia, but she is a Citizen of the UK. She wants to come to the US, and retire here. What is the best course of action for her to take, to obtain a green card, citizenship or a permanent visa to the US?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . What options if any, that person has, in unknown, as there are not enough facts in the posting.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. Robert West

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Investment of 500k to 1,ooo,ooo is the best way.

  3. David Eli Larson


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . there are two predominant routes to a green card, that is, permanent resident status, through close family or through employment. You and your friend should visit the USCIS web site to gain more information. There are also American Immigration Lawyers Association members in Australia who could talk to her about immigrating. See the links below.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,413 answers this week

2,991 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,413 answers this week

2,991 attorneys answering