HOW CAN A BENEFICARY IN A FLORIDA PROBATE ESTATE CASE WHO FEELS THE DECEASED ESTATE IN PROBATE SERIOUSLY NEEDS AN INVESTIGATION

THE PR AND ATTORNEY ARE MARRIED,,LITIGATION ON PERSONAL PROPERTY CAME BY ONE BENEFICARY LYING ON OATH ABOUT DISTRIBUTION OF PERSONAL PROPERTY .,,AGAINST THE ONLY OTHER BENEFICARY ,,,WHO TO THIS DAY HAS BEEN DENIED TO SPEECH IN AN OPEN COURT SECESSION IN HER OWN DEFENSE,,,EVEN HIRED A LAWYER ,BOTHSHOWED UP FOR HEARING ,,,PROBATE JUDGE WOULD NOT LET BENEFICARY BE SWORN IN TO SPEEK IN DEFENSE WHILE OTHER BENEFICARY IN THEIR PRESENCE SPOOKE AND JUDGE RULED AGINIST THE BENEFICARY WHO WAS TOLD TO REMAINED SILENT . THE ENTIRE ESTATE WAS ONLY ONE HOME VALUED AT 100,000 BANK ACCT--LESS THAN 6,000..PROBATE ATTY SENDS BILL FOR 984.00! IS THERE AN INJUSTICE HERE ????????

Temple, GA -

Donald F. Hawbaker

Donald F. Hawbaker

Probate Attorney - Griffin, GA

It's not possible to answer your question based on the information provided and not provided. Assuming you are the beneficiary who "was not allowed to speak," and had hired a lawyer to assist you, your questions, complaints, rights, and next course of action (appeals, etc.) should be discussed candidly with your attorney. And an attorney's fee of $984 may be entirely reasonable depending on your contractual agreement with the attorney but again it's not possible to say without knowing what your arrangements were with the attorney (hourly rate, amount of time spent preparing for and at the hearing, fixed fee contract, etc.)

Steven M Zelinger

Steven M Zelinger

Probate Attorney - Philadelphia, PA

I assume you are the beneficiary who was not allowed to speak. DIscuss your concerns with your attorney or seek another attorney's opinion on how to proceed.

James P. Frederick

James P. Frederick

Probate Attorney - Livonia, MI

I agree with my colleagues. One of the (many) problems with litigation is that it is out of your control. You are at the mercy of the system and the judge. Whether you got a fair deal or not is hard to say. The fact that you had an attorney, (who could speak FOR you), suggests that you did the best that you could. Sometimes, a bad decision is made in court. You may be able to appeal that decision, if you act very quickly. But it may not be worth doing so. $984 for appearing in court and the work related to that does not seem unreasonable on its face. The attorney could not guarantee you a result. Most of the time, 1/2 of the people in a court proceeding walk away dissatisfied.

James Frederick