HOW CAN A BENEFICARY IN A FLORIDA PROBATE ESTATE CASE WHO FEELS THE DECEASED ESTATE IN PROBATE SERIOUSLY NEEDS AN INVESTIGATION

Temple, GA |

THE PR AND ATTORNEY ARE MARRIED,,LITIGATION ON PERSONAL PROPERTY CAME BY ONE BENEFICARY LYING ON OATH ABOUT DISTRIBUTION OF PERSONAL PROPERTY .,,AGAINST THE ONLY OTHER BENEFICARY ,,,WHO TO THIS DAY HAS BEEN DENIED TO SPEECH IN AN OPEN COURT SECESSION IN HER OWN DEFENSE,,,EVEN HIRED A LAWYER ,BOTHSHOWED UP FOR HEARING ,,,PROBATE JUDGE WOULD NOT LET BENEFICARY BE SWORN IN TO SPEEK IN DEFENSE WHILE OTHER BENEFICARY IN THEIR PRESENCE SPOOKE AND JUDGE RULED AGINIST THE BENEFICARY WHO WAS TOLD TO REMAINED SILENT . THE ENTIRE ESTATE WAS ONLY ONE HOME VALUED AT 100,000 BANK ACCT--LESS THAN 6,000..PROBATE ATTY SENDS BILL FOR 984.00! IS THERE AN INJUSTICE HERE ????????

1. It's not possible to answer your question based on the information provided and not provided. Assuming you are the beneficiary who "was not allowed to speak," and had hired a lawyer to assist you, your questions, complaints, rights, and next course of action (appeals, etc.) should be discussed candidly with your attorney. And an attorney's fee of $984 may be entirely reasonable depending on your contractual agreement with the attorney but again it's not possible to say without knowing what your arrangements were with the attorney (hourly rate, amount of time spent preparing for and at the hearing, fixed fee contract, etc.)

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-668-3790 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at don@HawbakerLaw.) An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated my Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

2. I assume you are the beneficiary who was not allowed to speak. DIscuss your concerns with your attorney or seek another attorney's opinion on how to proceed.

This is not legal advice nor intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided here is informational in nature only. This attorney may not be licensed in the jurisdiction which you have a question about so the answer could be only general in nature. Visit Steve Zelinger's website: http://www.stevenzelinger.com/

3. I agree with my colleagues. One of the (many) problems with litigation is that it is out of your control. You are at the mercy of the system and the judge. Whether you got a fair deal or not is hard to say. The fact that you had an attorney, (who could speak FOR you), suggests that you did the best that you could. Sometimes, a bad decision is made in court. You may be able to appeal that decision, if you act very quickly. But it may not be worth doing so. $984 for appearing in court and the work related to that does not seem unreasonable on its face. The attorney could not guarantee you a result. Most of the time, 1/2 of the people in a court proceeding walk away dissatisfied.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!

Wills and estates topics