How big of a shed can I build in my back yard without a permit?

Seattle, WA |

I want to build a shed i my back yard, but I don't want to have to get a permit. How big can I go? Is there anything else I need to be aware of, law-wise?

1. You need to comply with the Seattle rear yard requirements. Check with the city zoning administrator.
    A phone call will give you the information.

Do not build without checking. It will be discovered and torn down.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney with whom you have established an attorney client relationship and all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

2. Each City is different. Many cities in California require permits if over 120 square feet. Check with the City. In fact, their municipal code may be available on-line.