How big of a deal is a tamper/fabricate physical evidence charge?

Austin, TX |

Can she get on probation or anything else for this charge instead of going to jail/prison? how big of a deal is this charge, what could happen?

hers qualifies under a second degree felony. and has been on probation before for another felony in a different county.

Unfortunately without more information I can't really answer your question fully but can give you some general information. You really need to have her sit down with an attorney. In person I could get all of the information I need to give her a much better understanding of her options and chances.

Tampering can be a felony or a misdemeanor depending on the circumstances. Probation is a possibility for either but will depend on exactly what she accused of doing as well as her criminal history, the county she is in and a number of other factors.

thanks! i added additional info

Christopher Scott Mcham

Christopher Scott Mcham

What county is she charged in? How long ago did she complete probation and what was it for? What exactly did she destroy? these are the kinds of questions I need to tell you more and as you can see they are a bit personal for the internet. You would be better off having her call and set up an appointment so we can go over the details. Cost of representation for something like this is between $1500 and $3000 depending on what is going on.