Skip to main content

How bad will I get in trouble for telling a 14 year old to sneak out of the house when, I myself am 20 years of age .

Cadiz, KY |
Filed under: Criminal defense

It would be my first time getting in trouble with the law. And it was over Facebook to try to get my cousin a girl friend .

Attorney Answers 4

  1. It might depend on the purpose. As an adult, you should stop contacting minors. Period.

  2. Delete the facebook post, and stop doing anything of this nature. Let your cousin figure things out for himself. Good luck.

    Jasen Nielsen

  3. You could be charged with a crime; however I would find it highly unlikely. Although, do not post any other information about the contact online and should you be charged, contact a local criminal defense attorney ASAP. In the future you should not have any contact with a minor that could be misconstrued or get you into trouble. It is probably best to not contact them on Facebook at all. Good luck!

    The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action.

  4. Yes, see my comment.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics