How are workers compensation rating differences handled?

Des Moines, IA |

I was given a 2% knee and 1% whole body rating after my second surgery and given the same after my third. All of these were on the same knee. I went to an IME and was given 16% knee and 8% whole body. I am courious as to what happens next, and how each of the rating will be taken into consideration. Also how are the 16% knee and 8% whole body calculated being that the 16% knee is on a schedule of 220 and the 8% is whole body of 500?

Usually, they compromise within the range of the reports. However, the IME usually tends to carry more weight because he is supposed to be Independent.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

If you do not get an answer here from an Iowa atty then you need to talk to someone who does primarily workers compensation. You can probably find someone on this site or by checking with the dept of labor in your state to see if they have a referral list

I agree with both colleagues. Do not waste time. You need to hire a reputable Workers' Compensation attorney in Iowa. I suggest you search thru Avvo.

Please be advised that the advice provided does not create any attorney/client relationship; that due to the various state laws that the information provided is a general overview of work comp law, which might not be applicable to you, based upon the laws of your state. We will not file anything on your behalf nor protect any statute of limitations which might arise and recommend that you IMMEDIATELY consult legal counsel for advice.

Recommended articles about Personal injury