How are multiple injuries to different parts of the body calculated using the disability rating guide?

Taylorsville, NC |

Are they added up as one whole body rating for a set number of weeks or are they figured up seperately?

Seperately. NCGS 97-31 is the ratings guide and it sets a value for each body part. For example, 100% disability to the arm is worth 240 weeks of benefits at your weekly compensation rate. The leg is 200 weeks; the back is 300. In addition, there is a max payment of 20k for permanent damage to "other important organs". All that being said, your case may indeed go well beyond a ratings issue and you need to consult with an attorney.

thank you mr.shapiro !!!

Jesse Sayre Shapiro

Jesse Sayre Shapiro

you are most welcome. please give me a ring....happy to answer any questions you may have.

currently i am having no trouble w/ checks or medical from w/c adjuster, they really been most helpful, but i have a long way to go and if i get to where i need an attorney -- i will call you. thanks again for your help,sir....

Jesse Sayre Shapiro

Jesse Sayre Shapiro

no problem and I am happy to help. you have a pretty complicated case which makes it a little tough in this kind of forum. Please feel free to keep in touch.

I will sir,thank you very much.

I agree with Mr. Shapiro. I would only add that before you can be rated the injury has to be at maximum medical improvement (MMI). In other words everything has been done and despite the therapy, medications, and surgery, you still have suffered a permanent loss of a body part.

This response is meant to be information only and should not be considered to be legal advice. This information is not meant and should not be construed to be the formation of an attorney client relationship. I practice Virginia Workers compensation law and Social Security Disability law.

actually its 6 body parts ,sir and i have a long way to go ( its been 6 yrs.) - so far, but i do have one question-do mental injuries such as depression,CRPS/RSD,and PTSD are they classified as a workers. comp injury? thank you for your help,Mr.Lutkenhaus...

There is no way anyone can help you without comparing/contrasting what are distinct injuries, and what are degeneration over time from parts falling off and failing.

We give free general concepts to be helpful, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

Mr.Corson , i do not understand your comment sir , can you be more specific? thank you, sir....

There is no "whole body" rating in NC. The ratings would be calculated separately. However, as others have indicated, you should speak with an attorney who can discuss what ratings mean in context of your claim.

thank you maam!!!!

Here in NC, you may have a more munificent way of finishing your case (instead of the ratings), depending on your work status. You really need to consult with a workers' comp certified specialist lawyer. If you are unable to work but you are concerned about ratings, then that tells me that you need to educate yourself before you make a very expensive mistake.

This answer is intended as general information and not as specific legal advice. If you want to have a free consultation with me, please contact me through AVVO.

Thank you Mr. Bollinger, I still have a long way to go before i make any mistakes ( been 6 yrs. and still have multiple surgeries and medical to go) by then i plan on contacting you sir, i have heard alot about you, but so far the w/c adjuster have been most helpful and have had no problems at all. I am just curious how multiple injuries are calculated in a settlement. Thanks again sir for the info.and i look forward to getting in touch w/ you when it comes that time.......

Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.

Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.

Thanks. When you are ready, I will be very happy to talk to you. In the meantime, take a look at this: http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/is-the-ppd-rating-money-a-fair-settlement-in-nc-workers-comp?utm_campaign=widget&utm_content=guides&utm_medium=syndication&utm_source=avvo

Thanks You ,Mr.Bollinger for the xtra info. i appreciate it very much sir...