How any USCIS status types are there?

Massena, NY |

I need to fill in a "Status Information Letter" to get exemption from SSS. There is one part where I have to fill in my USCIS status from when I got into the U.S. I'm wondering if "status" is just about residency or employment and traveling authorization are included as "status" also.

Thank you

Update for my status. Right now I'm a permanent resident (Green Card holder). I came here with K-1 visa 4 years ago, and got my first green card 3 years ago.

What is your immigration status? Are you a permanent resident (green card)? A US citizen? On a visa? Out of status, e.g. came on a visa but your authorized stay expired? This is what you have to provide.

Thank you for the question Mr. Palant. I updated my information according to that.

It is your current immigration status under which you were admitted to the US they are asking about. If that already expired, then type "out of status". If you crossed illegally, then type "EWI."

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

So, do I only put the time periods between my K1 to temporary resident then from temporary to permanent, or do I have to list the dates of my Employment and Travelling authorization too?

If you are an LPR, this is your status.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.