How any USCIS status types are there?

Asked 11 months ago - Massena, NY

I need to fill in a "Status Information Letter" to get exemption from SSS. There is one part where I have to fill in my USCIS status from when I got into the U.S. I'm wondering if "status" is just about residency or employment and traveling authorization are included as "status" also.

Thank you

Additional information

Update for my status. Right now I'm a permanent resident (Green Card holder). I came here with K-1 visa 4 years ago, and got my first green card 3 years ago.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you are an LPR, this is your status.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is your current immigration status under which you were admitted to the US they are asking about. If that already expired, then type "out of status". If you crossed illegally, then type "EWI."

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  3. Boris Alexander Palant

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . What is your immigration status? Are you a permanent resident (green card)? A US citizen? On a visa? Out of status, e.g. came on a visa but your authorized stay expired? This is what you have to provide.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,694 answers this week

3,188 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,694 answers this week

3,188 attorneys answering