How and where to file interference with visitation or parental kidnapping?

Denton, TX |

My ex wife moved out of Texas with our kids without my consent or the courts. My attorney filed writ of habeas corpus and judge has issued writ of attachment. I tried to file charges with the police buy they will not take them, they say it is a civil matter.
At what point will someone let me file these charges and someone help me locate my children and help get them back? Do I have to wait until the next court date in August? Of course she will not show up for that either because no one is trying to find her to serve her. I am at a loss.

1. You need to ask your lawyer. This is a general information forum and you are asking a very fact specific question. You need to ask these questions of your lawyer since he/she is familiar with the case and the court. Rarely is there a one-size-fits-all answer to questions like this in family law.

Good luck,
    Eric Gruetzner
    www.ericgruetzner.com

Child custody topics