How and where do I find out "Exactly" when a warrant was issued for me? I do not believe the DAs date given to me.

Spring, TX |

People are saying once a warrant is issued you can be caught anywhere. Well that is not the case for me. I was arrested 8/12/13 for a (Class C misdemeanor) Theft by Check I did not know existed from 2004 and they said the warrant was issued in 2005. I do not have a criminal background and have never been in trouble with the law. Between the time they said I had a warrant, I have since then gotten married went to DMV had my name changed on my license, Went to Social security had my name changed, been pulled over 3 times (all at seperate times), given 2 tickets for which I had to appear in court for, Both dismissed. I have went to the harris county jail to visit my cousin in 2012 and then visted her in Dayton Prison, This Does not make sense to me how could this be?

1. If nobody ran you for a warrant check, or if they decided to not do anything because it was just a class C. You can fight it.

2. You should be able to review the record to find the date it was issued.

This response is not intended to create an attorney client relationship and is based on the limited information available at the time of the response. Before acting on anything stated or referenced in this response you should consult with an attorney of your choosing and go over the specific details of your legal circumstances.