Skip to main content

How and where can I find out if someone has filed for custody of a child?

Rockwall, TX |

Death of a family member has caused conflict between what is best in the interest of the child, and we believe something has already been filed so we are just trying to figure out if that has happened.

Attorney Answers 2


Check with the District Clerk's office in the county where the child lives.

Good luck,
Eric Gruetzner

Mark as helpful


Sometime you can find filings on the internet. Dallas, Denton and Collin County all have online records. I would check in the county in which the child lives, and in the county in which the people live who may have filed.

If there is no online access, then a telephone call to the clerk would suffice.

Good luck.

Mark as helpful