How and when to apply for L2 I-94 date extension ?

Hi.. Me & my son are L2 visa holder & our visa & I-94 expiers on June-2013, but my husband (LI visa holder ) have I-94 till Feb- 2014 but his Visa also expires on June-2013 & he will be staying here on his I-94 date. My question is 1. Can I apply for my & my son's I-94 extension depending on his I-94 date 2. If yes how early I can apply? 3. Does my husband has to apply for his Visa extension in order to get our I-94 extension? 4. some where I saw that my husband has to apply for L1 visa petion to extend our I-94 date , what is that ? I am really cofused pls help

Williston Park, NY -

Asheesh Kumar Sharma

Asheesh Kumar Sharma

Immigration Attorney - Atlanta, GA

The I-94 controls the status in the US.
1. Yes;
2. 6 months before status expires;
3. No;
4. Nothing like that.

Neil Ian Fleischer

Neil Ian Fleischer

Immigration Attorney - Cincinnati, OH

First, if yo u are in the US , your I-94 controls as does your spouse's I-94
1, yes
2. generally 6 months
3. no
4. no, but you will need to s how he is still in status and you are still married

Hiring a lawyer will surely help you
www.immigrate2usa.com

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

1. Yes
2. Up to six months prior to the expiration of the I-94
3. He must be maintaining valid L-1 status
4. See 3.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.