Skip to main content

How and to whom do you report abuse by power of attorney in CT?

Saint Petersburg, FL |

My dad's power of attorney, his nephew, is not permitting my dad to come to Florida to visit me and my family. My dad lives in CT. My dad has been visiting us twice a year for over 20 years, but since his nephew became power of attorney, my dad has not been able to visit. My father has been put in an ALF in CT and cannot leave the premises with anyone except for three people, the nephew (the POA), a niece and a brother. I want to know who I can call in CT to report what I think is power of attorney abuse. The nephew also takes away my dad's cell phone so there are times, my dad cannot be reached by any family here in Florida. Please respond immediately. My dad's rights as a human being are being taken away. My dad wants to change his POA, but cannot leave the ALF

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I would recommend that you contact an attorney in Connecticut.

You could also call the State of Connecticut Department of Social Services 800-203-1234.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer