How am I able to get custody of my unborn child?

Asked about 1 year ago - San Marcos, CA

I live in California and my ex girlfriend is pregnant. She decided to move to Nevada and is saying I can't have custody. She was 18 and I was 17 please let me know how to get my son back to ca after he is born.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . You'll need to file for custody in Nevada, if the child is born in Nevada. The Court can't make a custody order as to an unborn child, and jurisdiction to decide custody of a newborn will generally be in the state in which the child is born and lives.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,496 answers this week

2,841 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,496 answers this week

2,841 attorneys answering