How much is a fair amount in a settlement after MMI already has been paid out?. This is a back injury case?

Saint Paul, MN |

what is a fair amount in settling after MMI has been paid out for a back injury that requires possible retraining. I had bilateral laminectomy surgery already. I also need advice on items that I should not close out during settlement, given my back situation?

In California MMI stands for Maximum Medical Improvement.
Your question is not clear ...what do you really mean settling after MMI has been paid out?
In our practice when an injured worker has been declared MMI, the doctor writes a report called a Permanent and stationary report. In that report the various factors of disability are listed and given a rating.

The two sides negotiate a rating of the permanent disability using various schedules and tables and the AMA guides 5th Edition.. The real test becomes whether the injured worker wants to sell off his future medical care and close the case for a lump sum settlement. You need to realisticly calculate the value of the future medical care and prescriptions etc for the rest of your life.