HOW DO I FILE CHILD ENDANGERMENT CHARGES AGAINST SOMEONE?

Asked 12 months ago - San Diego, CA

IF MY CHILD WAS INJURED AS A RESULT OF SOMEONE'S NEGLIGENCE, WHAT STEPS CAN I TAKE? IS THERE A STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS WHEN DEALING WITH THIS ISSUE?

1. Martha Bronson

1

Answered . Without more infornation it is difficult to answser your question because there are different statute of limitations depending who is a fault and what type of fault (negligence) you are talking about. Medical malpractice is one statute..( 1 year after discovery or three years...if the person (entity) at fault is a public/governmental entity (within six months have to make a claim with the entity, then meet the other regular statute of limitations), if you are talking about just general negligence such as when someone negligently creates a hazardous situation which injured your child, or rear end accident ( two years). You should consult with a local attorney to obtain more fact specific legal advice. I hope this was helpful.
    If you have found this helpful and/or the best answer, please let the attorney know by checking the appropriate box below. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and best of luck to you.

2. Antoinette Cara Liewen

Answered . You can make a report to CPS or the police.