HOW DO I FILE CHILD ENDANGERMENT CHARGES AGAINST SOMEONE?

San Diego, CA |

IF MY CHILD WAS INJURED AS A RESULT OF SOMEONE'S NEGLIGENCE, WHAT STEPS CAN I TAKE? IS THERE A STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS WHEN DEALING WITH THIS ISSUE?

You can make a report to CPS or the police.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising. Liewen Law is fully compliant with every State and Federal Law, including California SB 94 and the related Civil Code Sections, as well as the FTC Mortgage Assistance Relief Services (MARS) Final Rule. Liewen Law is a debt relief agency helping consumers file for bankruptcy relief under the United States Bankruptcy Code. Liewen Law maintains this website for marketing and informational purposes only. None of the information or materials on this site is legal advice. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. Said information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While we make every effort to keep this site accurate and up to date, we do not guarantee its accuracy and are not responsible for inaccuracies, errors, or omissions.

Without more infornation it is difficult to answser your question because there are different statute of limitations depending who is a fault and what type of fault (negligence) you are talking about. Medical malpractice is one statute..( 1 year after discovery or three years...if the person (entity) at fault is a public/governmental entity (within six months have to make a claim with the entity, then meet the other regular statute of limitations), if you are talking about just general negligence such as when someone negligently creates a hazardous situation which injured your child, or rear end accident ( two years). You should consult with a local attorney to obtain more fact specific legal advice. I hope this was helpful.
If you have found this helpful and/or the best answer, please let the attorney know by checking the appropriate box below. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and best of luck to you.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.