Skip to main content

HOW , if i can, drop domestic battery charges against my husband?

Schaumburg, IL |

About a year ago my husband was charges with domestic battery.I was the victim in the case. I know i have done things to him in the past and i shouldn't have called 911. How and if i can drop the charges against my husband even though he had his court date and he was sentenced to counseling The counseling seems to work 1/2 the time and the other half it brings ups bad memories that I just want to lock away and throw away the key.

Attorney Answers 3


Unfortunately this cannot be undone if he was already sentenced. Arguably he could file a motion to withdraw his plea, but only if it is withing 30 days of the date of the plea.

John Yetter

Mark as helpful

3 found this helpful

2 lawyers agree


Sounds like he's already been convicted. Meaning game over, you can't undo it. It stays on his record for life.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


Once the conviction for domestic violence is on a person's record, it remains there forever. No expungement, no "dropped" charges, nothing.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics