Houston Personal Injury Lawyer For Small Claims

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

How can I find a Houston lawyer to assist me with a small auto claim?

Most places I have looked only mentions taking on big claims.

It's been a little over 2 months since my accident. I did go to the hospital the day of the accident, but the doctor didn't give a full examination. I haven't went to therapy which I heard could hurt a claim. Since becoming active, I have noticed more problems.

I have more testing that needs to be done, but since I have already collected over $6,000 in bills, I have been waiting for my gold card so it will be less expensive in case I end up having to pay. It could take months before they set me an appointment.

I was a passenger and my last lawyer said to sue both insurance companies (the person that hit and I was riding with).

Please help, thanks!

1. Gregg Samuel Harrison

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . You need to find an attorney that can help you get and find treatment ASAP! What part of Houston are you located? The two month gap will hurt your claim - there is no getting around that. But - You should NOT wait to get in to see a gold card doc.... depending upon your injuries... there are plenty of places that can treat you on what is called an LOP (letter of protection)... but you need to hire an attorney first.

2. J. Trenton Bond

Pro

5

1

Answered . You should be able to find a lawyer given you have 6000.00 in medical.

There are a lot of fine lawyers in the Houston area, and you need to get one hired immediately. Interview three or four lawyers and find one you feel will do a good job. Ask about his experience, his record and any Board Certifications.

Good Luck,

3. Lannie Todd Kelly

Pro

3

Answered . I am in Austin, but I frequently practice in Houston. I would be happy to review your case. Call for a free consultation.

4. Byron Keith Barclay

3

Answered . You would best be served by meeting with and hiring an experienced attorney, preferably one who is Board Certified in Personal Injury trial matters. A lawyer will be able to recommend a doctor in the Houston area who is willing to arrange medical treatment on a letter of protection (LOP). My LOP advises doctors that IF we can settle your case for enough money to compensate the parties involved (ie you, your lawyer and the doctors involved) AND they will work with me to negotiate their bills, I will treat them fairly to protect their bills and pay them out of the settlement monies (or monies obtained in a verdict.

I also agree that both drivers should be sued, IF and ONLY IF both drivers are in some way negligent. As a passenger however, we can all agree that the odds are you had NOTHING to do with causing the collision, so there will likely be no issue regarding your conduct from a liability standpoint. Of course, the insurance company lawyers will always say "You must not have been hurt since you didn't make a great effort to be seen by a doctor." The is the single biggest reason you need to get a lawyer hired, who can refer you to a doctor or doctors who will treat you on a letter of protection. I would DEFINITELY not wait until you get your Gold Card for medical treatment, as you can sometimes wait weeks if not months for an appointment.

Finally, while there are many good lawyers in the city, I would recommend you hire a lawyer who is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law. Lawyers with this kind of certification have been practicing at least five years, and tried a minimum number of cases to verdict, though they often have much more experience.

I would be happy to visit with you by telephone or in person to discuss your case. Best of luck to you.

Pro

3

Answered . Luckily, several of the lawyers in your state have offered to help.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com