HOSPITAL DEATH

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

MY MOM DIED 2 YEAR AGO, HER ATTORNEY TOLD OUR FAMILY "YOU KNOW THEY WERE NOT TREATING HER FOR HER CANCER" "THE HOSPITAL HAD NO ONCOLOGIST ON CALL". I ALREADY SENSED SHE WAS NOT GETTING HER TREATMENTS. CAN I SUE THE HOSPITAL?

1. Gregory Paul Benton

6

Answered . Yes but you will need to have authority as your mom's estate executor or trustee.

2. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

6

Answered . You need to act quickly because of statute of limitations concerns and you will need to be appointed as executor of the estate.
    Very concerned you have waited too late-call an attorney immediately.

3. David Brian Snyder

Pro

5

1

Answered . You can sue, but you should act quickly as the statute of limitations could be an issue. I believe that the Statute prevents lawsuits past 2 years after the death for this type of claim in California. Please search Avvo.com immediately to find an attorney in your area! My condolences for your loss.

4. Ajay Mohan Kwatra

Pro

3

Answered . Wrongful Death has a Statute of Limitations which may bar you from recvoery one year from the passing. You should not wait to talk to an attorney.

Pro

3

Answered . Act quickly, as not much time left with SOL