Hospice killed my mother slowly with drugs ,she had nemonia and they dehydrated her, hsutting down her kidneys. lots more.

Jefferson City, TN |

Hospice killed my mother slowly , mom was put on hospice by the choices program and dr Whorley because they said mom was in the hospital to many times with asperating nemonia,after 3 days of no eating or drinking I rushed mom back to the hospital because Amedsis Hospice was not helping her.
mom developed another nemonia the worst he has ever seen said dr Patton stated and her kidneys was shutting down, she was sevierly dehydrated. The next day jefferson hospital did more x-rays and blood work and stated that her kidneys and x-rays looked a little better. But it was to far gone mom died on 11-31-12 at 9:40 p.m.. I feel that hospice was having me to kill my mother slowly by having me give her liquid morphene and not calling the dr. to get her fluids and an x-ray to see what was the sudden ,

From your facts, I cannot determine if you have a case.
Also, Hospice has some immunity (limited) in some states.
Best you have a sit down consult with a local lawyer.
You can use the AVVO find a lawyer tab.

I am sorry your mother passed away. If she was in hospice, that means a doctor had already determined she did not have long to live. The fact that she had already been in the hospital many times with aspiration pneumonia, and her organs were shutting down at the end seems to confirm that everything that could be done for her, had already been done. I would be very surprised if you could find a lawyer to undertake a wrongful death case in these circumstances, and even more surprised if such a case would succeed.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.

You do not understand, OK mom was in the hospital Diagnosed with asperating nemonia sent home still sick OK, Tennessee medicade program (choices) stated that mom had to be put in a nursing home or on hospice . because of her times in the hospital. Now they told me Hospice was not just for people that were dying but alfor people like my mom who was just sick and that they wanter to keep mom out of the hospital and could give her I.V. fluids here at home. she was only seen 3 times by hospice in less than 2 weeks .I told them mom had not had ANYTHING to eat or drink for 3 days and they were supose to call her dr and DID NOT.Mom at this point got very sick I CALLED THE AMBULANCE and they ran tests in the hospital . Her kidneys were shutting down do to not drinking anything and dehydrating. She also showed a new nemonia not the old one she had before. If HOSPICE would have done there job right mom would have had the care she was supose to have gotten. How dare you to take up for HOSPICE....what if this had been your mom , I will see her justice. My mom suffered and they let her .....

I agree with Mr. Brophy's analysis. I would just add that the statute of limitations in TN is just 1 year. If you are interested in having a TN lawyer assess the case for you, do not delay.

Recommended articles about Personal injury