Horrible living conditions

Asked 12 months ago - Tyler, TX

I moved in to my apartment about 6 mons ago. I was unable to move in the day I was supposed to move in because there was mold in my fridge plus the garage disposal had a horrible leakage. I wrote and called my landlord and the problem wasn't solve. I had to move n with these condition unfinished. I started to notice insects in my apartment I wrote notes and called about the issue repeatly over the 6mons period. I ended up have to go to doctor because I was having allergic reaction to the insect which was biting me. I caught the insects which was spiders ect. I brought the insect to my ast. Manager bc she told me to
One of the bugs was bed bug. I haven't experience this insect problem till I moved there! Now the manager is want me to pay $700 for extermination plus any other tents.

1. David Jahan Sadegh

Pro

1

Answered . Generally, it is the landlord's duty to take care of conditions that are a threat to your health or safety (at the landlord's expense). If you send the manager a letter about the problems by certified mail, return receipt requested, the landlord normally should fix the problem within 7 days of receiving your letter, assuming you are current on the rent when you send the letter. If the landlord does not fix the problem after receiving your certified letter, you may have the right to terminate the lease and/or take the landlord to court for monetary damages or to force the landlord to fix the problem.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and should not be relied upon as legal advice.