HOA threatening to foreclose on a house thats already in foreclosure. What is the renter to do about the HOA?

Charlotte, NC |

Leasing a house thats in foreclosure, HOA sent letter for past due dues. Want money By next 2 weeks, owner will not pay. Renter is to do what? HOA threatening foreclosure on a foreclosed house.

HOA can foreclose, but it will take time. Renter can stay put until ultimate new owner asks for rent or asks renter to move.

Ms. Smith is pretty much correct on this. I do not recommend paying the HOA dues yourself as that will not stop the mortgage company from foreclosing. You should begin to look for another place to live. The one thing that I would disagree with Ms. Smith, is that an HOA foreclosure here in North Carolina can be very quick and they are not bound by some of the laws that delay the foreclosure process for mortgage companies.