HOA has filed a foreclosure on my property with Fraudulent documents, what can i do?

San Antonio, TX |

The HOA claims that they sent me a letter certified mailed stating they would hire a lawyer if i did not pay the past due balance (in which i did not owe) and it turns out that the letter they supposedly sent me was fake. On the return receipt the date it is signed reflects 10/16/09 but i moved from that residence on the 13th and i have proof, so there is no way the post man gave me that letter on the 16th and no way i signed it. They refuse to give me a copy of anything and continue to direct me to their lawyer who also will not talk to me, i recieved a notice today from the court that i am being sued by them and they want my property, what can i do to stop them? This is FRAUD, unethical to say the least and they have a signed affidavit turned into the court which has false information to

I think you would agree that you have no idea what to do. Further, you are a defendant in a court proceeding and certain deadlines are ticking away. You claim it is all fraud. So, wouldn't it make sense to hire a lawyer who does know what he/she is doing to prove the fraud? You cannot handle this yourself. Find a lawyer who has experience in HOA laws and litigation.

DISCLAIMER: This is not specific legal advice and does not establish an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Real estate