HOA atty sent me a demand for post judgment debt that i was not aware of for 12 yrs. do I have recourse to correct debt amount?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lawrenceville, GA

HOA decided to find me out of state after 12 years of debt collection that I did not know anything about. I am co owner of the property. I was notoriously served and not told of the summons or any debt collection until last year. Most of the demand are excessive atty fees, blatant math errors and greed. I feel it is unfair to compel me now to pay what is a demand when I should have been found when the debt initially went into collection. None of this atty fee, cost or interest would have happened if I had been notified. Do not mind to pay the correct debt. Do I have any legal recourse. I have tried to reason for accounting detail to no avail. I have demonstrated that I will respond to any legal notice unlike the other co owner who happens to be my son. True story. need venue.

1. Michael David Barber Jr.

2

Answered . The attorney was required to send out what is called a 10 day letter before he can file your debt collection on the records at the courthouse (in the form of a lien). Do you remember if you received anything via certified mail from the either a debt collection agency or the attorney?

2. Kris K. Skaar

1

Answered . Avvo is a very poor substitute for retaining counsel to give you advice on your complex situation. You should retain counsel to advise your situation.

3. Kris K. Skaar