Hmmmm...? Bank of Amer. was the Executor of my Uncles estate. But then after a Will contest they dropped the case & the public a

San Francisco, CA |

...the public administrator was appointed Special Administrator from there on out(months later~)... Who was responsible for the heirs & the beneficiaries notice of Probate in the beginning then? B.O.A. ? Thnx~

Sounds familiar. Whoever was acting as PR would have been responsible for acting as PR. Of course, they can only act based on information that is available to them.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!

Who ever was acting as PR when the notice was filed or should have been filed.
As long as it all works out correctly in the end-not much to make a fuss over.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

The P.R. should have either given the notice or the court would have issued it based upon the info supplied by the P.R. Your question begs the question, Was somebody not given notice? If there was such a person then maybe they need to retain counsel to look into the matter.

Legal disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted to practice law in the State of Missouri only, and make no attempt to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to Missouri. This answer is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation, and is for promotional purposes only. You should never rely on this answer alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney-client relationship. less

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates