Hit in my car by a state parole officer in 2010. now i am having a deposition this month. does settlement come after this?

Asked over 1 year ago - Piscataway, NJ

i had MRI'S and 3 back procedures which prove injury: 3 herniated disk in neck, 1 in mid back, and 1 in lower back. parole officer was on the phone, didn't see me and hit me.

1. Robert W Rubinstein

8

Answered . First, this is really a question for your attorney. Practically, there is no guarantee that a settlement offer will be made or that the case will settle. You and your attorney need to be prepared for trial. It looks like your case is against a public employee which means that there are multiple levels of approvals needed to settle the case. Have you been examined by the defendant's doctor? This generally needs to be completed before meaningful discussions can be had in your type of matter.

2. Kevin Coluccio

8

Answered . Talk with your attorney.

Pro

6

Answered . If you have a good lawyer

4. Michael R Crosner

7

Answered . Your attorney is the one to ask. Good luck

5. C. Donald Briggs III

7

Answered . Only your attorney know the answer to this question for sure. You should follow your attorney's instructions and carefully prepare for the deposition. Your attorney can tell you whether or not the adjuster handling this case wanted your deposition before any serious settlement negotiations take place.

6. Yolanda Navarrete

3

Answered . A settlement offer in a car accident can come any time after medical reports have been submitted to the other side. The fact that your accident was against police makes it more difficult to settle because it falls under title 59. It depends on your injuries among other factors. Your attorney is the only one who can truly answer questions about your particular case. Good luck.