Hit from behind while sitting at the stop light. what happens if i have no insurance and license but the other driver does

Providence, RI |

I was hit from behind at a stop light. The driver admit he was at fault. i had no license or insurance so i took his info and went my way. my car was smash pretty bad, auto shop said the damage was well over the value of the car itself. And now at work i can feel the injuries to my neck and lower back area. what can i do and what Attorney will take my case?

I am sorry to hear about what happened to you. Your problem with the driver's license is not the main issue here; you definitely have a case. Your damages and medical bills would be paid under the other driver's insurance, but I do not recommend that you deal with the insurance company yourself. Feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss this further: (401) 521-1800, ext. 121.

2. Get the medical attention you need. Consult with a local personal injury lawyer to help you immediately. Whether or not you have a valid license does not generally impact your ability to get compensated for your injuries. Good luck.

3. This is a very serious situation. Please contact a local attorney until you find one who can take on your case.

View my website & give me a call for a FREE consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com www.KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

4. I believe that Rhode Island is a fault state, so the at-fault driver's insurance would be responsible for an accident victim's injuries. However, you would likely have to file a police report, which would be complicated by your lack of a driver's license and insurance. Consult with a local attorney soon and take all of the information you have relating to this incident. Best of luck.

5. Get medical attention and have the lawyer in your state above investigate. Good luck.

6. You need to make sure you get proper medical treatment and contact and consult with a local personal injury attorney.

7. You did the right thing by taking his info. Now you need to consult with an attorney here in Rhode Island to take legal action. You also need to get the medical attention you need. If you do have a case, his insurance would cover the damages to you. Feel free to contact my office if you'd like.

8. You certainly have a personal injury case assuming the other driver has insurance and there is no issue as to who is at fault. The fact that you didn't have a license or insurance is a total separate matter and will not prevent you from recovering for your injuries and property damage.