Hit from behind while sitting at the stop light. what happens if i have no insurance and license but the other driver does

I was hit from behind at a stop light. The driver admit he was at fault. i had no license or insurance so i took his info and went my way. my car was smash pretty bad, auto shop said the damage was well over the value of the car itself. And now at work i can feel the injuries to my neck and lower back area. what can i do and what Attorney will take my case?

Providence, RI -

Donald Arthur Woodbine

Donald Arthur Woodbine

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Providence, RI

I am sorry to hear about what happened to you. Your problem with the driver's license is not the main issue here; you definitely have a case. Your damages and medical bills would be paid under the other driver's insurance, but I do not recommend that you deal with the insurance company yourself. Feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss this further: (401) 521-1800, ext. 121.

Jason Todd Studinski

Jason Todd Studinski

Personal Injury Lawyer - Stevens Point, WI

Get the medical attention you need. Consult with a local personal injury lawyer to help you immediately. Whether or not you have a valid license does not generally impact your ability to get compensated for your injuries. Good luck.

Nathanael Prada

Nathanael Prada

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Miami, FL

I believe that Rhode Island is a fault state, so the at-fault driver's insurance would be responsible for an accident victim's injuries. However, you would likely have to file a police report, which would be complicated by your lack of a driver's license and insurance. Consult with a local attorney soon and take all of the information you have relating to this incident. Best of luck.

Michael Shemtoub

Michael Shemtoub

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Los Angeles, CA

This is a very serious situation. Please contact a local attorney until you find one who can take on your case.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

Get medical attention and have the lawyer in your state above investigate. Good luck.

Jonathan Whaley

Jonathan Whaley

Litigation Lawyer - Warwick, RI

You did the right thing by taking his info. Now you need to consult with an attorney here in Rhode Island to take legal action. You also need to get the medical attention you need. If you do have a case, his insurance would cover the damages to you. Feel free to contact my office if you'd like.

Joseph J. Ranone

Joseph J. Ranone

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Warwick, RI

You certainly have a personal injury case assuming the other driver has insurance and there is no issue as to who is at fault. The fact that you didn't have a license or insurance is a total separate matter and will not prevent you from recovering for your injuries and property damage.

Kevin Coluccio

Kevin Coluccio

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Seattle, WA

You need to make sure you get proper medical treatment and contact and consult with a local personal injury attorney.