Hit from behind while sitting at the stop light. what happens if i have no insurance and license but the other driver does

Asked over 1 year ago - Providence, RI

I was hit from behind at a stop light. The driver admit he was at fault. i had no license or insurance so i took his info and went my way. my car was smash pretty bad, auto shop said the damage was well over the value of the car itself. And now at work i can feel the injuries to my neck and lower back area. what can i do and what Attorney will take my case?

1. Donald Arthur Woodbine

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . I am sorry to hear about what happened to you. Your problem with the driver's license is not the main issue here; you definitely have a case. Your damages and medical bills would be paid under the other driver's insurance, but I do not recommend that you deal with the insurance company yourself. Feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss this further: (401) 521-1800, ext. 121.

2. Jason Todd Studinski

6

1

Answered . Get the medical attention you need. Consult with a local personal injury lawyer to help you immediately. Whether or not you have a valid license does not generally impact your ability to get compensated for your injuries. Good luck.

3. Nathanael Prada

5

1

Answered . I believe that Rhode Island is a fault state, so the at-fault driver's insurance would be responsible for an accident victim's injuries. However, you would likely have to file a police report, which would be complicated by your lack of a driver's license and insurance. Consult with a local attorney soon and take all of the information you have relating to this incident. Best of luck.

4. Michael Shemtoub

4

1

Answered . This is a very serious situation. Please contact a local attorney until you find one who can take on your case.

Pro

4

1

Answered . Get medical attention and have the lawyer in your state above investigate. Good luck.

6. Jonathan Whaley

Answered . You did the right thing by taking his info. Now you need to consult with an attorney here in Rhode Island to take legal action. You also need to get the medical attention you need. If you do have a case, his insurance would cover the damages to you. Feel free to contact my office if you'd like.

7. Joseph J. Ranone

Answered . You certainly have a personal injury case assuming the other driver has insurance and there is no issue as to who is at fault. The fact that you didn't have a license or insurance is a total separate matter and will not prevent you from recovering for your injuries and property damage.

8. Kevin Coluccio

1

1

Answered . You need to make sure you get proper medical treatment and contact and consult with a local personal injury attorney.