Hit and run accident, need advise

Roswell, GA |

Iwasinvolvedinahitandrunaccidentwheretheotherpartyleftwithoutstopping.Iwashonestwiththecopasfarastowhathappenedgavemysideofthestory.officerwroteoutreportandwenttocommandingofficerandtoldhimwhathappened.laterthatdayIwaschargeandgivenaticketforrecklessdriving,nowIhavetogotocourt.thisismyfirstoffensewithrecklessdriving,howtoIgetthefines,reduced?CanIplednolo?Thisweektheotherdriverwholeftthesceneofmyhitandrun,Isawherontheroad,doingthesamething,Ihaveherlicenseplatenumberandvehicledescription.canIgetherarrestedafterIgotocourt?

your space bar is missing

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

I am not licensed in your state and can provide you only with general advice. It is unclear whether you were ticketed for the first accident. If so, I would consult with a local attorney, but you may be able to appear and provide testimony if you were ticketed and have adjudication withheld on the ticket, or have it dismissed all together. If you were injured you should contact an attorney and seek medical evaluation. Provide the attorney with the information that you have on the at fault drive who left the scene and go from there.

Try again with a legible question.

Looks like something happened to your keyboard and I can't read your post. Can you try again?

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at geaatl@msn.com . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

Unreadable.

Talk to a criminal lawyer before you do anything else.

Disclaimer: This response is provided to you for educational and informational purposes only and no attorney-client relationship has been created hereby. Other attorneys may have different opinions or responses. If you found this response helpful, please indicate that to Avvo. Thank you.