His parole eligibility review comes up in feb. 2012 he will almost have completed a athird of his 4 yrs. for a non-violent crime

Montezuma, GA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

is it possilbe to parole out or receive a tpm month or how much he will have to serve

It is almost impossible to determine what the parole board is going to do when. It depends very much on the level of overcrowding, funding, etc. I've included a link which might be helpful. It is a handbook created by the Southern Center for Human Rights specifically about navigating the parole consideration process. I wish you well.

Lisa

2. I'm not sure anyone presently can tell you much about what the Board of Pardons and Parole is doing these days. The prison populations all over the state are bulging. It used to be that the grid sheets were relatively reliable but there are so many other factors that are in addition to the general guidelines now that make it impossible to predict what will matter on any given day.

There might be some helpful information for you to consider at the State website: http://www.pap.state.ga.us/opencms/opencms/.