Hiring a technician from hardware store such home depot.

Asked over 1 year ago - Alexandria, VA

If I hire someone from a hardware store such as Home Depot to do a home improvement work, will this hardware store be responsible for any mistake take place by this technician.

1. Victoria Lee Allen

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . It has been my experience that these contractors are independent from the store. In such a case it is unlikely that Home Depot can be held liable. There should be a contract which lays out the relationship of the contractor.

That said, depending upon specific circumstances, there may be some liability if Home Depot endorses the specific contractor or acts as a general contractor. If addition, if the person is an employee of Home Depot then Home Depot is liable.

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

1

Answered . ANY mistake--probably not. Some mistakes--MAYBE. Read the paperwork you signed for provisions about how disputes are handled and what rights you have.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now