Highway interstate exits signaling

Asked about 1 year ago - Owings Mills, MD

traveling the highway(interstate) in a shared thru right lane exit do you have to put on a right turn signal if exiting in this type of lane? this is the type of lane that u can either go straight on highway or a choice to exit right off the highway

1. Julius Martin Blattner

1

Answered . I don't see anything in the rules that would indicate that you are required to use a turn signal in the situation you described. If you received a ticket, your ticket should cite the traffic law that you violated. Laws have elements that have to be proven in order for you to be found guilty. If the elements are not met, then you can be found not guilty. A traffic attorney can provide assistance in reviewing the rule, the facts of your case and advising you of any defenses you may have.

2. Brandy Ann Peeples

Pro

Answered . If your ticket doesn't cite a specific statute, then you might have grounds to challenge it. Contact a local attorney for more guidance.

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

1

Answered . I don't practice in MD, but in most jurisdictions you do. However, you may not need to if there aren't any cars behind you. I'd look up the statute or code section you got ticketed for.