Skip to main content

Hi there, would u pls kindly let me know what is the "Vienna Convention" right for a person who is going to deport? or Who is go

Blaine, WA |

hi there, would u pls kindly let me know what is the "Vienna Convention" right for a person who is going to deport? or Who is going be jailed? Can he have a lawyer? Thanks and best regards.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Unless my learned colleagues have something to add, I believe it gives you the right to contact your consulate and communicate with your country while you are being subject to the justice system in a foreign country

    This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  2. Ms. Marcouiller is absolutely correct. This link will give you more information.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  3. Barbara Marcouiller provided an excellent gudance: the Vienna Convention provides certain rights to people placed in removal proceedings under these circumstances for seeking further legal and logistical assistance from home country dimpomatic personnel.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics