Hi there, i REALLY need help... I was illegally evicted from my apt a few days ago. Not given notice or anything. Can i sue

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I really need assistance here.. please help me. About 4 days ago I was illegally evicted from my apartment of 2 years. I got into an argument with the landlord over the phone, and 20 min later cops show up at my door saying im "tresspassing" and to "leave or well arrest you" they had papers but wouldnt let me see them. I was NEVER GIVEN ANY PAPERS. OR EVEN A 3 DAYS NOTICE OR 30 DAYS NOTICE I WAS TOLD TO LEAVE THERE AND THEN.. AND NOW I AM HOMELESS. I even paid my rent to the landlord for this month in Nov, so why would he take the money then? the police treated me like a criminal and now im homeless with no family or place to go. i work full time please PLEASE HELP ME 818-799-7295 LILIA . OR CALL 310-657-3700 WORK PHONE. THANK YOU.

1. Thomas Anthony Schaeffer

1

1

Answered . I'm surprised the cops intervened in this situation. It does sound like you have a case here and the LL may end up being responsible for all your costs from the point of eviction. I passed your info off to a colleague in Los Angeles, (Andre) I hope he is able to help you. His number is 818-484-0424 and he handles all kinds of LL/T issues.

2. Lara Ruth Shapiro

Answered . You can contest the judgment against you, and also cross-sue for damages if you were not served and therefore were illegally evicted. However, it is incumbent upon you to take action as soon as possible to protect your rights.

3. Michael T Millar

Pro

1

Answered . If you were not provided notice, you may challenge the judgment.