Hi there, I have a question about the Dream Act work permit. I got the permit at the beginning of this year, I have seen on the

Summerville, GA |

would i have to go threw the whole process? i am now a senior and i will graduate in 2015 and my work permit expires 2015.

Something is missing from your question. But the short answer is that Congress has not passed the Dream Act. Perhaps you are referred to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

There is no such thing as the "DREAM" Act - that never passed Congress. What you are referring to is DACA (Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals) which I understand you finally obtained at the beginning of the year and I assume you are now wondering how to renew it once it expires in early 2016 for you and if to renew your DACA based employment authorization card you'll need to got through the whole process of DACA application again. The answer to that now is that no one knows yet for sure, as the government has not yet announced the renewal/extension procedure. Stay turned.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

if you are asking about the renewal yes .

As others have stated, there is no Dream Act but you are very likely referring to DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals). The government has not yet announced what the process for renewing DACA status will be, but it is expected that the announcement will come very soon. When the announcement is made the process, requirements, and fees will be known. So keep on the lookout for information regarding renewal of DACA status.