Hi my sister and I have taking care of our mentally ill father for years he had land I took care of 29yrs can I get half.

Asked over 1 year ago - Onalaska, WI

I resently found out he put this land in her name 5 years ago or maybe longer he now is in the later stages of Alzheimer's and in a home. I can't help but feel taken advantage of.Do I have a case.

1. R. S. Missimer

4

Answered . First this is more likely a Probate issue. Assuming you can still contest the land change of ownership.

Five(5) years is forever. Start by asking the question again in probate.

2. Celia R Reed

4

Answered . First, was your father competent when he made the change. Second, did you father make you any verbal promises for taking care of him? You don't have a claim now but might have a claim against the estate when he passes.