Skip to main content

Hi my name is Wendy and i just had a car accident in the freeway August 20, 2013.they charged me with code 21658.

Vista, CA |

Hi my name is Wendy Gomez and i just had an accident August 20, 2013. The officer in charge of my case charged me as a code section 21658 an unsafe lane change. i was driving in the freeway 15 south of 9th ave and the traffic was starting to slow down so i did i hit the brakes just as i saw the car in front of me did so . The traffic was still slowly moving but i had to get out on the next exit so i decided to move to my right. I was on the 4th lane and moved to the 5th lane to where the next exit was to be approached their was a couple of miles left towards the next exit but i saw that it was safe to move to the right lane, so i did .I pit my signaled lights and checked my mirrors and safely and slowly changed lanes i did see a car approaching in the lane where i was switching to but it

was way far back so i had time to switch lanes. so i switched and continued my driving slowly and all of a sudden a car hit me i got scared and could not react so my car swirled around on the freeway pushing me towards the 4th lane and i hit one care beside me and ended up on the car in front of the car that i hit so total 2 cars will i swirled around trying to control my car. the car behind me that hit me was coming to fast!!! how could he have had no time to stop if i put my signaled light when i changed lanes and he was way far i saw a safe big gap so i changed lanes i did everything correctly and they are blaming me its ridicules so the front of his car hit me in the front tire causing me to collide towards the other cars.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Sorry to hear about your auto accident, but I am not sure what your question was as you did not give us a question to answer for you. Looks like the police did charge you with a 21658 and you were involved in an accident with several cars. You should immediately contact your insurance carrier and let them handle this matter for you. Best of luck.

    Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

  2. Retain a local traffic court lawyer to fight the citation then.

  3. Do not make any public statements other than to your insurance company and or your lawyer.

    This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.