Hi My name is Maria Tsolomitis I feel like I have been a victim of slander and malicious threats

Union City, NJ |

Two former colleges I have guaranteed me that they will fabricate rumors about me so I dont get freelance work in NYC and the Tri State Area.

Do I qualify for legal services?. I have evidence if these threats and slander

I am an attorney licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the States of Delaware and New Jersey. My practice includes employment, business and health care law. Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies.

That being said, you should edit your question to take your your name, to protect your privacy.

If the fabricated rumors are defamatory, and they are spread to third parties, and you suffer damages from those rumors, you have may a claim worth pursuing. You would need evidence tying your losses to the rumors, and the rumors to the former colleagues.

/Christopher E. Ezold/

The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
Employment, Business and Health Law
One Belmont Avenue, Suite 501
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
(610) 660-5585
Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com
www.ezoldlaw.com

I am an attorney licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the States of Delaware and New Jersey. My practice includes employment, business and health care law. Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies. /Christopher E. Ezold/ The Ezold Law Firm, P.C. Employment, Business and Health Law One Belmont Avenue, Suite 501 Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 (610) 660-5585 Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com www.ezoldlaw.com

Maria, by former colleges, do you mean former colleagues (co-workers)? Before seeking an attorney, you should tell these two people that they will be defaming you by circulating false rumors and subject to a lawsuit. If you find that they are actually communicating false stories, whether on the internet, text messaging, telephone calls etc., contact a defamation attorney in NJ by calling the Hudson County Bar. Assoc. and/or going through this site.

Defamation cases are often difficult because even if you can prove wha tthey are doing, you also have to prove tangible economic harm. Due to its complex nature, attorneys' fees are often expensive. I don't know if you qualify for any legal service, but you can seek help with a local law school who may be able to provide you with a law student's help, under the supervision of an attorney. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

If you are threatened, call the police.