Skip to main content

Hi My name is Ali Haider, I have a immigration question. I have a F1 status, and i wanna change my status to H1.

Euless, TX |

I wanna transfer my visa from F1 to H1. I need to know what should i do,

Attorney Answers 3


Unless the employer is a university or related entity or you were in H status before, you will have wait to file until next April 1, 2015.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


You need to find an employer willing to file the sponsorship papers.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Nothing. You cannot change your status to H1. Only an employer can seek an H1 when the quota is still available and they want to hire you.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics