Hi,my girlfriend is an US citizen,whant to get married,im stayed overvisa,what do we need to fix my legal situation.thank you..

Asked 9 months ago - Minneapolis, MN

11 years in this country,no bad background,me 40 she 39,she had back surgery so shes in disability right now.....also want to know how much a lawyer will cost for this...thanks

1. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . Although lawyers can't quote prices on a public blog like this, I can tell you that you probalby need one.

Also, she will probably need a financial co-sponsor.

The good news is that, if you two find a financial sponsor, your papers can probably be fixed without you having to leave the US.

2. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

3

Answered . If a foreign national (like you) in the U.S. enters into a real marriage with a U.S. citizen, overstayed a valid visa and is eligible for a green card, it may be possible to be petitioned and adjust status in the U.S. Speak to an immigration attorney about the process, and he or she can advise you as to whether you will need a joint sponsor in regards to the financial sponsorship.

3. Maria J. Marty

2

Answered . You need to get married to fix your situation and find someone to help you with the Affidavit of Support. If at all possible, hire a good attorney. Fees range, best to call a few and ask them their legal fees. You can look up the USCIS filing fees yourself on USCIS.gov, you will need to pay filing fees for the I130, I485, and the I765.

4. Tricia Dwyer

Answered . Hello. Attorney fee will vary. Some attorneys may provide reduced fee for financial hardship and some may assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal expense. As stated, you need to confer with an attorney at this time.

5. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

1

Answered . If you love each other get married. Next consult an immigration attorney to assist you.