Hi,my friend was arrested for simple battery,child cruelty.ice put hold,case has been dropped by jail,still in county custody.

Atlanta, GA |

my brother was arrested on sept 27 morning for child cruelty third degree and simple battery and ICE put an immigration hold on him.During his first court appearance in county jail on 28th sept the charges were dropped and case dismissed.but he is still in county jail due to immigration hold.what will happen next? how can i get the hold removed and get him released.

He needs an immigration lawyer, right away. If he has an ICE hold and no pending charges, he needs to deal with ICE.

This response does not create an attorney client relationship and is offered for informational purposes only. Only a lawyer fully versed on the facts and circumstances of your case can properly advise you on the case. I am licensed to practice in Minnesota, not every state. You should always consult with an attorney licensed in your area on how best to proceed.

Your friend needs an immigration attorney. Contact Carlos Solomiany at carlos@rossandpines.com

It sounds as if he has an ICE detainer. Until the immigration issue is resolved, he will remain in custody. Hire an immigration attorney ASAP.