Hi ive got a court hearing in portugal and im not there. What can happen to me if i dont show.

Troy, NY |

My court hearing its because i was working as a waitress in a coffe shop and a client that come in on a particular day said she hadlost her wallet in there. The wallet was never found but she filled charges against me for theft. I had a lawyer that was nominated to represent me. But in september i was ofered a job in england for me and my husband wich i couldnt turn down and so i came but evrything was really quick so i didnt let them know that i was coming out of the country. Now they have set a date for the hearing and my father was notified to be my whitness. Wat sould i do? Can they arrest me in here for not showing to the hearing?

If the case is in Portugal, then you should speak to a lawyer from that country.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.