Hi is there a permant work visa for software developers

San Francisco, CA |

Hi is there a permant work visa in usa for software devloper

It certainly is possible, but you experience, education and where you live would all be factors. You should contact an immigration attorney directly to discuss your specific case.

From canada

David Michael Gottfried

David Michael Gottfried

Not where you are from, where you want to work, the employer would have to advertise to see if they could find US based workers to fill the position, if you were applying in SF for instance that would be much more likely than trying to work in Montana.

San Francisco califronia

Is where I want to work I also sent you a email

there is no specific visa but there is labor certification that leads to immigrant visa and green card for the position, but at minimum you will need an employer to sponsor you.

Nothing specifically for Software Developers. You just have to come like everyone else. H-1B, E, TN, etc as the case may be. And likewise qualify for employment based green card under any of the EB categories.

Work (non immigrant) visas are not permanent. These are granted temporarily for the period of employment sought by the employer up to the maximum permitted by regulations. If the employer believes the services will be required permanently, they can always start an employment-based immigrant visa petition in your behalf. This process is complicated and so ideally you will work with an attorney to walk you through it.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. You are encouraged to seek independent and private counseling for a complete review of your case.

Yes, H1B. You may also be eligible for L Visa if you already work for company in your home country that has a US branch they can transfer you to. Employment based immigration is complicated and if you get a US job offer you may wish to have legal representation.

This is not legal advice and is only general information. I am not your attorney. No attorney-client relationship is formed by this communication.

Education law topics