Hi iam 17 and i have 1 son and pregnant with baby #2 my fiance baby dad is about to be 24 the 7oct

Asked about 1 year ago - Baytown, TX

we are trying to get married and my mom is wit it the only thing is she is handy cap due to a stoke and i was wondering if i was to get a parental consent notarized wit my moms signature and try to go get a marriage license with just that will i be able to get it or i will have to take he with me ty btw i will be 18 on april 15 i am from houston / Baytown ,tx

1. Maria Tsao Tu

Answered . What is the reason you want to get married? Is he working? Does he have health insurance that you want to use? If the answers to the above are "yes", then depending on the county where you get your marriage license, they might ask for either a notarized consent or parent's personal appearance. Call your local county to find out. Congratulation.

2. Kathleen Rolston Robbins

Answered . Check with the Harris County Clerk's office and ask if a notarized parental consent is okay or if your mom has to come in. I think they will accept the notarized consent - but call and ask. Your other option is to get married on April 16.

I recommend that you consult with an attorney regarding this matter.
  3. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . Girl, two children at your are is 2 too many, are not toys or pets, they require attention, love and support. You had the first without benefit of marriage so what is the problem with waiting until you are of legal age?