Hi I recently bought a website hosting pacakge and wasnt happy so wanted to close my account !

Filed under: E-commerce Business

Hi I recently bought a website hosting pacakge for myself to play around with and test a few things out with. The company is in the USA and I am in New Zealand. It says it is $4.32 a month for the firs month then it will revert back to normal billing and you can cancel within the first 10 days which I tried to do. I got in contact with them via Email and they said as per our terms and conditions you will need to phone us or skype us to close your accounts which I have tried to do numerous times and still no response.
What should I do?

Ensure that you send a letter as a follow up to the phone call and skype. Have you pre-paid? Or are you paying monthly? If you are paying monthly, how are you paying? Credit card or debit card or check?
(800) 409-7010

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

Send an email saying you have tried to call on numerous occassions (list the dates and times if you have them) but cannot reach them. Therefore, you are canceling your account via email. Be sure to download all your data and erase the site before you send your email.

Then, however your payments are being made, turn them off.
Andrew M. Jaffe
Attorney at Law
Practice Limited to E-Commerce and Internet Law

This post is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice specific to you. This general information is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. The attorney client relationship is not established by this post.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business